10 slices smoked streaky bacon or pancetta, preferably free-range or organic
Small bunch of fresh mint
150g Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
400g dried mini shell or other type of pasta
Knob of butter
300g frozen peas
2 heaped dessertspoons crème fraiche
How to prepare your pasta
1. Finely slice the bacon.
2. Pick the mint leaves and discard the stalks.
3. Finely grate the Parmesan.
To cook your pasta
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Add the mini shells and cook according to the packet Instructions.
3. Get a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a good lug of olive oil and the butter.
4. Add the bacon to the pan, sprinkle a little pepper over and fry until golden and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, finely chop your mint leaves.
6. As soon as the bacon is golden, add your frozen peas and give the pan a good shake.
7. After a minute or so, add the crème fraîche and chopped mint to the bacon and peas.
8. Drain the pasta in a colander over a large bowl, reserving some of the cooking water.
9. Add the pasta to the frying pan.
10. Halve your lemon and squeeze the juice over the pasta.
11. When it's all bubbling away nicely, remove from the heat.
12. It's really important that the sauce is creamy, silky and delicious but if it's too thick for you, add a splash of the reserved cooking water to thin it out a bit.
13. Add the grated Parmesan and give the pan a shake to mix it in.
To serve your pasta
1. Divide your pasta between plates or bowls, or put it on the table in a large serving dish and let everyone help themselves.
2. Lovely with a simply dressed green salad.